This is my fifty third entry for Paula’s Thursday Inspiration. This week’s theme is Guitar. I hope everyone will enjoy this new post of mine. Here’s a link to Paula’s blog https://lightmotifs.wordpress.com/2020/09/24/thursday-inspiration-75/
A guitar is a fretted and stringed musical instrument.
An electric guitar is a guitar that uses electromagnetic induction to convert vibrations of its strings into electric signals.
Guitar(s) may also refer to:
- Guitar (Peter Lang album), 2003
- Guitar (Tony Rice album), 1970
- Guitar (Sonny Sharrock album), 1986
- Guitar (Frank Zappa album), 1988
- Guitars (Aka Moon album), 2002
- Guitars (Mike Oldfield album), 1999
- Guitars (McCoy Tyner album), 2008
- “Guitar” (song), a song by Prince from his 2007 album Planet Earth
- “Guitar”, a song by Cake from their 1998 album Prolonging the Magic
- “Guitar”, a song by Jesus Jones from their 2004 album Culture Vulture
- The Guitar (The Lion Sleeps Tonight), a song by They Might Be Giants
- Bonnie Guitar (1923–2019), American musician, singer, and businesswoman
- Guitar (nickname), people nicknamed “Guitar”
- The Guitar (film)
- Guitar, a band from Edmonton, Alberta consisting of Renny Wilson
- Guitar, a musical project of German musician Michael Lückner
- Guitar, a character in Song of Solomon, a 1977 novel by Toni Morrison
- The Guitar
- Alto guitar
- Acoustic guitar
- Five-string guitar
- Flamenco guitar
- Eight-string guitar
- Eleven-string alto guitar
My Guitar Haikus
1.) One of the Hindi
guitar songs is “Roja Janeman”
by SP Balusubramanyam Garu!
2.) It was so very
crazy when that guy played the
guitar in India.
3.) Did you ever watch
the Malayali language movie
titled Rose Guitarinaal?
4.) George Harrison MBE was
the lead guitarist of the British
band The Beatles.
5.) Will you ever read
the Romance book Guitars, Cadillacs
written by Cara West?
6.) I love listening
to all Hindi, Telugu, and
English guitar songs.
“Sometimes you want to give up the guitar, you’ll hate the guitar. But if you stick with it, you’re gonna be rewarded.”
~ Jimi Hendrix
“I was probably 7 years old when I started playing the guitar and writing some serious songs.”
~ Dolly Parton
“When I was growing up, there were two things that were unpopular in my house. One was me, and the other was my guitar.”
~ Bruce Springsteen
“My fingers used to hurt really bad when I played guitar. I stopped because of it.”
~ Tyra Banks
“There were basically three themes. One was the sun theme which is the guitar when he’d get sun on his leg and it comes again in the end. And there’s of course the lullaby which Dido sang, “If I Rise.” And then there’s this driving guitar which is the motivation theme.”
~ A. R. Rahman
“Life without happiness is like a guitar without strings.”
“I feel, lilt or intonation is absolutely equated with pitch. Sing or play a guitar out of melodia and it’s said your lilt or intonation is gone.”
~ Vivek Sahney
Gradually melted in the melody of his guitar erased his deep wounds and scars his fair face dried with mourn but his heart still very pure for he knew he will meet his soulmate very soon for sure.
“I play a little guitar, write a few tunes, make a few movies, but none of that’s really me. The real me is something else.”
~ George Harrison
“I would love to study guitar or trumpet.”
~ Amy Winehouse
“I’ve always wanted to smash a guitar over someone’s head. You just can’t do that with a piano.”
~ Elton John
“I’ve got 50 different tunings in the guitar.”
~ Joni Mitchell