This is my eleventh entry for the Ronovan Writes Haiku Challenge. The two words for this week are Morrow and Surge. All four of my haikus are about people and things that happen in the Hindu epic of Mahabharata. Here’s a link to Ronovan’s blog https://ronovanwrites.com/2020/08/31/ronovan-writes-weekly-haiku-poetry-prompt-challenge-321-morrow-surge/
The Guidelines are simple.
- Take the two words and write a Haiku. I use Haiku in English as my style, which is 5 syllables for the first line, 7 for the second, and 5 for the third, but you can use what you like. The link above has links within it to articles about how to write Haibun, Tanka, and even a new form I created called Freku. You can also do the 3/5/3 form if you likeinstead of the 5/7/5 that I usually use. Write, share, and have fun. For syllable help visit HowManySyllables.com. (You would be surprised at how many syllables some words actually have.)
- The two words can be used as you like. Words have different definitions and you can use the definitions you like. You can even use a synonym word as long as it does not change the meaning. Go to Thesaurus.com for Synonym help.
- Use the Tag of Ronovan Writes Haiku Challenge. This will help me find you in case you forget to ping back or leave your URL in the comments.
- Copy the link of your finished haiku URL in a comment so we can all go and visit your site to see what you have done. You can do a ping back. What’s a ping back? Put the URL link in the address bar of this post, if you like, within your post. Your inclusion of the link encourages others to try the challenges out, be creative, and join a community to find friends and more followers (hopefully). I honestly gain nothing by more people visiting the post. I don’t have ads running I get paid for by your visit. Click HERE for a detailed article on Ping Backs.
- You may copy one of the badges/images appearing in this post below or above and place it on your site if you wish, most normally use it within their post. I am not saying you need to, but if you would like to do so then go ahead. It is simply my way of saying thank you for participating. I sometimes make custom images for the week, if time and health permits.
- The Challenge currently BEGINS at 8 AM EST (New York City time) on Mondays. And a DEADLINE is Noon EST (New York City time) on the Sunday following the Challenge Post release.
1.) Arjuna vowed to kill Jayadratha
on the fourteenth morrow before
the battle ended.
2.) If Jayadratha didn’t die
before the sunset Arjuna would
surge into the pyre.
3.) So on the morrow at
red dawn the armies of the
Kurus met for war.
4.) Devotional shows
like Mahabharat see a massive
surge in viewership.
In Indonesia, the drama was broadcast on Antv dubbed in Indonesian in 2014. In 2015, the show aired in its original version and subtitled in English on MBC Digital 4 every Sunday in Mauritius. In Thailand, the drama was broadcast on Channel 5 dubbed in Thai in 2016. In Myanmar,it has been dubbed in Burma as မဟာဘာရတ and telecasted everyday on Sky Net World Drama Channel. In Sri Lanka, it has been dubbed in Sinhalese as මහාභාරත් and telecasted on Swarnavahini. Countless people all over the world watched Mahabharat from countries like Russia, America, Indonesia, England, Thailand, and China. I’m proud to be a Birdie (fan of Shaheer Sheikh Nawaz) from America. Because of our Shaheer I became friends with fellow Birdies from all over the world!